Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Truly remarkable

So I (Jared) am leaving for a staff retreat today that will keep me away until Thursday evening.  Luckily Holly didn't have to be at the hospital today until 11 so we decided to sleep in and hang out this morning.  When we finally awoke we went into the living room to watch one of our favorite shows that was on our Tivo, My Name is Earl.  I can't begin to tell you how much Holly and I laugh at this show, mostly because it reminds us of home and people we know or know of.  But today as we were watching Holly told me that the baby was going crazy.  I should tell you that for the past few weeks Holly and I will be talking and then she'll just get really quiet.  She claims it's because the baby is distracting her as it does yoga poses, pilates and works on its crossover dribble move for the basketball court.  I believe her because the only other explaination is that I'm boring to talk to and we all know that's not true.  Anyways, we were watching the show this morning and Holly put my hand on her belly and I felt the baby kick!  I will have to say that it was really cool.  I know that it will get more pronounced as the baby grows, but today I felt the baby kick and didn't have to take Holly's word for it.  Just thought you might want to know.  We'll try to post some updated pics this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That's freakin' AMAZING! He/she likes My Name is Earl too! LOL! I'm glad you could feel it kick, because every time someone asks me to feel it, I just kinda lie and go- "oooh! Wow!" and I don't really feel it. That baby's gonna start karate chopping poor Holly as it keeps growing! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete