Thursday, February 12, 2009

the life of Karis

Ok, so we haven't posted much lately.  Sorry for that.  I've been waiting for Holly to post something about the whole birth event, but she hasn't had any time.  If you are interested I talked about it here on my personal blog.  This is by no means the whole account and some of the timetable might be out of order.  (Give me a break, I typed it a few days after the whole ordeal was over.)

Anyways, I wanted to start this little update on Karis that we'll try to post from time to time.  We will try to let you in on her little milestones and such.  But I first want to play a little game called, "What is Karis really thinking?"  Even at 5 weeks old, Karis has quite a bit of personality through various looks that she gives us.  I will describe a few events and the look on Karis' face and what I think she is really thinking.  Hopefully you'll get a kick out of it.

Scenario #1:  Holly and I were putting a preemie gown on Karis that my parents bought for her.  The only problem is that her head is a bit big for said outfit and Holly and I had different philosophies on how to put the outfit on.  In the process of Holly and I trying to figure out the best way, the outfit rested over Karis' shoulders and she let out a cry.  When we finally got her head through, she shot this hilarious look at me that I interpreted as, "Would you two figure out what the heck you are trying to do and just put this on me already!!!!"

Scenario #2:  One of my favorite things to do to Karis is to kiss all over her face and neck while I'm on the way to change her and start her feeding.  Of course this is usually about the time that Karis is uncomfortable from and dirty diaper and an empty stomach.  While in the process of this, Karis usually looks right at me with a look that I interpret as, "Stop it, Stop it, STOP IT!!!!!!!! And get on with the bottle already."

That's it for now, I'll try to post some more stories later.

If you are looking for pics of Karis they are on facebook.  Here is a link to a few of the albums.

Karis is home

Coming home

Karis 3 weeks

Karis

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha that's funny that she has those expressions already! Cute story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are going well!! And I'm glad to see pictures of my new little cousin! :o) Give hugs and kisses to everyone from Jake and I! Hopefully we'll all be able to see each other soon...

    ReplyDelete