Friday, November 28, 2008

The Family That Eats Together Stays Together

One of the priorities in our relationship during med school has been eating dinner together.  This has become somewhat easier as Holly progressed into the rotation phase in her 3rd and 4th years of med school.  But at her last rotation she had a few late nights at the clinic that caused our already late dinner hour to be pushed back a few more hours.  So I was home patiently waiting for Holly to let me know when she was going to be able to leave and as 6, 6:30, 7 and 7:30 came and went I began to wonder if we were going to eat together tonight.  Finally Holly called me around 8 and I started the grill on a cold and very dark night so that we could eat together.  Here is a picture of me outside in the 40 degree weather grilling with a small flashlight.

[caption id="attachment_78" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="A close up because you know you wanted one!"]A close up because you know you wanted one![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_77" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="It's cold out there"]It's cold out there.
[/caption]

Holly I hope your veggie burgers were cooked how you like them!

4 comments:

  1. The family that eats together on Thanksgiving, vomits together for the next two days. Or at least that's how it was for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr...maybe it's time to dust off the george foreman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! Are we sure it's Holly that's the prenant one? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa are you calling me fat?!?!?

    ReplyDelete